Attendees: Adam Taylor, Allison Maier, Alyce Chen, Denis Schapiro (minute taker), Ethan Baker, Jeremy Muhlich, Sarah Arena, Wouter-Michiel Vierdag
- Wouter-Michiel to identify key participants for an in-depth conversation about the new format/metadata vision and then present their recommendations to this group at a subsequent meeting.
- Current policy: “This board will remain for 18 months followed by a community-based voting of a new governance board (4-5 board members) every January. New candidates can be proposed by board members, community members or via a direct application. Therefore, an issue will be opened (November) in this repository to collect names and for voting via emojis. We welcome and encourage participation by everyone!”
- Suggestion for rotating membership to allow for continuity
- Will post election annoucement to GitHub to solicit nominations
- White paper together with vendors, software providers, researchers etc.
- Invite company or industry participation in MITI meetings
- Governance Board will revisit once specific use-cases are available to consider
- Include a slide identifier AND biospecimen identifier
- Tissue microarrays (TMA) also experience this issue
- Adam: CRDC template should be MITI (currently HTAN-flavored MITI)
Generalisability to other microscopy approaches (MC2 = mega DCC for multiple consortia supported by NCI (e.g., CSBC))
- Adam: SAGE is involved in MC2
- What could a “core” MITI look like for MC2?
- For use cases to discuss, Adam will reach out to specific participants